Thursday, November 6, 2008

New blog improvements!


First of all, I have added a new banner. I feel this looks much better than the ugly text that was there before. I also decided to change the colours so the blog is easier on the eye. I hope you like the changes. Feel free to leave your comments.

Secondly, for those who have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can save this website as an icon for easy access, as you can with any website by pressing the "+" button followed by the "Add to Home Screen" button.



Then you can change the name for the icon if you wish. The default name is "Melbourne Bike Routes", but the name for the icon so it is shortened automatically if the name is too long.



Press "Add" and the icon will appear on the home screen in the next free slot. Notice that I have added a custom iPhone icon for the website, with the acronym "MBR". I think it's pretty neat and matches the new site banner.

I hope to add more iPhone friendly features to the blog in the future. I am currently looking for a way of making the blog appear on the iPhone in the optimised format for mobile Safari.

No comments: